Our Fireworks

Our Fireworks
I took this picture at a fireworks display a few years ago.

Thursday, September 27, 2012

My People

It is different for me, as an author, I see things that my readers can simply never see – I feel things that they cannot understand. My characters are a part of me, each and every one holding a place in my heart, and each one having one of my faults, my characteristics, and my hopes. It is even different for me concerning my bad guys. My readers might feel the satisfaction of seeing them fall to good and right, but I feel something else, because I understand, they’re gone, they cannot be saved. They weren’t the good guys, but they were my people. I could have saved them, but I didn’t. It is always for a reason, but it still hurts to see them go. Is that how God feels when the unsaved die? Mandy

No comments:

Post a Comment