Our Fireworks

Our Fireworks
I took this picture at a fireworks display a few years ago.

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Magic Carpets and The Sport of Car Petting

One thing I learned this summer while we remodeled an entire house is this: you can make lots of words sound like different things if you stress them enough! I also learned that magic carpets aren't even magic carpets! They should be called magic rugs! I mean, think about it, a carpet covers an entire room's floor! A rug covers a small part of the floor! Therefore, you can't really have a magic carpet, only a magic rug, unless you want to get an actual carpet which would be far to big and balky! (I will not deal with how a rug is unlikely to be magic today.)

I came to this conclusion on magic rugs while we discussed the sport of Car Petting. This sport is usually practiced by the younger generation of men but can also be agreeable to older men, most the time when they cannot afford the said car. We gave great thought to the subject of Car Petting while doing the not so agreeable job of carpeting. Remarkable how they sound alike, huh? Well, guess what? They're not! Car Petting is fun, soothing (well, that's what I've heard, though I'm not a big fan of it), while carpeting is hard and sweaty work in which you cut and measure (hopefully not in that order) a LOT. Yet, they sound remarkably simular! DO NOT MIX THESE UP!

Yours truly and all that!

Mandy

No comments:

Post a Comment