Our Fireworks

Our Fireworks
I took this picture at a fireworks display a few years ago.

Thursday, June 28, 2012

My Brother

Last night we were out watering plants for people. It is a great way of making money if it stops raining and the grass dries out and no longer needs cut! It is dry, so let it be know you are willing to water flowers! :) Anyway, we were just coming up on the last place (a rental house with a small flower bed). There were three men there, siting in lawn chairs inside the open, drive in garage. My brother said, "Okay, I'm going home," and started off.

"But what if we need you?" I called.

He did not pay any attention. We told the men what we were doing and did our job, finishing by putting the hose up. As we were leaving the drive way, I saw Jon, sitting beside the road, watching the house intently. "What are you doing?" I asked.

"If they'd done anything, I would have made my move."

I have an amazing brother. :)

4 comments:

  1. Amazingly funny? ;) Glad he's looking out for you, but why did he decide to head for home in the first place???

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's 13. His brain takes a couple of minutes to kick in. His body is growing faster than his mind is able to keep up with. Or he's 13. :)

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think he first though, "Oh no, strangers." (He's shy around strangers.) Then when I said, "What if something happens to us?!" And then when we went into the yard and he stopped to think about it, he decide he'd better stay and make sure we were okay.

    Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just absolutely love the way he said it. Such a "Norm" type response. Oh my! I needed that laugh! And yes, you do have an amazing brother. :)

    ReplyDelete