Our Fireworks

Our Fireworks
I took this picture at a fireworks display a few years ago.

Saturday, June 2, 2012

Conversations with the Characters #2

I wrote this for a friend and decided after a little thought that I wanted to post it. I wrote three 'conversations' prior to this. These are what I would say to my characters if I were to meet them (well, maybe.) They are funny anyway. So here you go.

Conversation #4:

Cherish: *knocks the sword out of Sam’s hands and sends him to the ground.* “Beat you…again.”
Me: *Falls out of nowhere* “You’re pretty good.”
Cherish: *Turns towards me, having not seen that I dropped out of thin air* “Thanks.”
Me: “You’re welcome. Hello, Sam.”
Sam: *gets up and looks at me closely* “Do I know you?”
Me: “No, but I know you.”
Cherish: “Isn’t that what the evil person always says in books before killing you?”
Me: *Frowns and thinks about it* “On second thought, I’ll take that back.”
Sam: “So I don’t know you?”
Me: “No. Maybe I should introduce myself. Hello, I’m Mandy, your author.”
Cherish: “Our what? Oh, I get it; Tess put you up to this.”
Me: “No, I was going to go see her and Jamie next.”
Sam: “Why?”
Me: *Thinks about it a moment then shrugs* “Because I can.”
Cherish: “You still haven’t told us who you are.”
Me: “Yes I did. I’m your author.”
Sam: “Sure.”
Me: “You can think I’m crazy if you like.”
Sam: “Deal.”
Cherish: “Sam, be nice.”
Sam: *Blushes* “Sorry.”
Me: “That’s okay. I’m just leaving. You can say I had an ODD episode if you like.”
Sam: “Odd? What is that?”
Me: “Overly Dramatic Departure, of course. Bye.” *Literally goes up in a poof of smoke*
Two minutes later: Me: *Smiles to herself* “I bet they believe me now.”

No comments:

Post a Comment