Our Fireworks

Our Fireworks
I took this picture at a fireworks display a few years ago.

Sunday, July 10, 2011

On The Road...Again

So, we were once again on the road to Edgemont (actually, I should say we are on the road to Edgemont since that’s where I’m writing this). It started at the post office as we dropped off the last bit of mail that would go out for awhile. Our neighbor was there as well and couldn’t resist saying that we looked like gypsies. Well, we did. Our pickup bed was packed up past the rim (supported by the frame my dad made for carrying around his tools). We were (all seven of us) packed into the little pickup as well. A tiny bit cramped.

After the post office it was off to Edgemont but before you get there you pass through Custer. So, obviously, we went through Custer. Julie decided we all needed to know something so she said, “It is really hard to say Custer fast.” She had spent the last few minutes doing just that.

I was in the front seat (oops, am in the front seat) with Mom and Dad. Mom replied, “It’s almost as hard to say Custer slow.”

I had a completely blond moment at that point in time and proceeded in saying, “Custer slow, Custer slow, Custer slow.” I was laughed at. Can you guess why? My memo (just so you know) came in late.

Yours truly,

Mandy

No comments:

Post a Comment