Our Fireworks

Our Fireworks
I took this picture at a fireworks display a few years ago.

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Learning Spanish

This year I'm learning Spanish! Despite the fact I can't pronounce even english words properly, I love it! It is fun and exciting! Of course, I want to share my extensive new knowledge (about twenty Spanish words!) with my siblings. Sadly, they take this thing way too seriously. My two youngest siblings must have decided that I needed to get these words pounded into my head for they immediately started parading around the house chanting, 'Usted trabajar! Usted trabajar! Usted! Usted! Usted trabajar!'. What does this mean? I'll tell you in a moment.

How this all came about was, we were cleaning the house after our mom and dad went to town and I started telling them of my new Spanish knowledge. First, I started with greetings, of course, such as: Buenos dias, buenas tardes, and buenas noches! Good morning, good afternoon and good evening! Now, I knew a sentence that went perfectly with the work they were supposed to be doing so I told them, 'Usted trabajar.' I'll tell you right now, it was a bad idea. I don't think they heard me when I said that it meant, 'you work!'

Oh well. So, we listen to them chanting, 'Usted trabajar,' for awhile, we'll live.

Anyway, I love Spanish! Who wouldn't? Learning anew language is awesome!

Sadly, that is all I have to say for now. So, adios!

Mandy

3 comments: