Our Fireworks

Our Fireworks
I took this picture at a fireworks display a few years ago.

Saturday, November 5, 2011

Justice and Mercy

Justice: The maintenance or administration of what is just especially by the impartial adjustment of conflicting claims or the assignment of merited rewards or punishments.

I was reading a book tonight and the character asked, "How can God have mercy and justice in equal parts?" And as I thought about it, I couldn't put the answer into words. I thought I had to do a bunch of research and find verses and everything but I decided to step back and pray on it.

And I learned something from it. I'd known the answer all along.

I've never thought much on it, I just trusted God. He said He was just and merciful and I believed Him. I didn't need proff. I got it, I understood it...but it didn't connect once I tried to touch it.

And I let myself go too big. I was trying to make it too complicated. And then Mom said something wonderful, "Sometimes the best answer is the simplest one."

It clicked. The simplest, truest answer. God deals justly to those who don't believe in His Son, Jesus Christ. He is merciful to those who believe He lived, died and rose again to save us and have accepted Him. It is that simple.

But sometimes we forget that God isn't trying to confuse us but is always whispering the simple, sweet answers in our ears.

Mercy: Compassionate treatment, especially of those under one’s power.

Will you find justice or mercy? I've found mercy.

Mandy

No comments:

Post a Comment