Our Fireworks

Our Fireworks
I took this picture at a fireworks display a few years ago.

Thursday, October 27, 2011

God's Greatness

Have you ever just stopped to think about God's greatness? I have, many, many, many times. And every time I do, it is more and more amazing to me.

Just think about the stars. Little tiny specks of light in the sky, giving a picture of his love. And every time we get closer to one, when a closer picture is sent from some space craft, they just keep getting prettier, more amazing, more beautiful.

Have you ever notice how fast the stars move? About a foot per hour, or so. When you are laying awake and cannot sleep, you can watch them. And every time you just think you've studied each one in your view point, they move on and there are more. It isn't like those stick to the roof, glow in the dark kind. They are much, much, much more amazng! And I don't even the scientific stuff that makes them even more so!

God knew that on the one night I was laying awake, feeling alone, that I would be able to see the stars and feel His love through it. And He made them because of it. When I look at the stars, I see His love, unmeasurable, unimaginable, undescribeable. And if you've never felt what I feel, I can't tell you how it feels. It's too much to explain. His sweet love, his amazing grace, his patience with me, with us, and his perfect reasons, for everything.

They also reminded me that no matter what the pain we are going through, He has a perfect, amazing reason for it. And I can't describe how it feels to know that we aren't suffering for no reason! He has a reason, he will use our pain! Just to know that, no matter what, no matter what He takes, no matter what the situation, no matter how bad it hurts, all I have to do is remember that He loves me, that He doesn't want me to hurt and that this pain is there for His perfect, wonderful, amazing, brilliant, grand, sweet, lovely reason.

And I love Him. I can't even describe how much. I can't make anyone feel like this but I want to. Oh how I want to. How can I just sit here, watching while they go around blindly? How can I when they could feel like this? How? I want them to feel this way.

So many hurting people. So many, Lord. I want to show them love. They don't even know love and it hurts. I want to help them. I want to show them. I want to be their friend. Please. Please, let me help them.

His love is there for all to see. Just look at the stars...

Mandy

No comments:

Post a Comment