Our Fireworks

Our Fireworks
I took this picture at a fireworks display a few years ago.

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Let Go

We run as far as we can. We walk when we can no longer run. We crawl when all of our energy to stand is gone. But after we stop crawling, when there is nothing more, what do we do then? When every ounce of energy is gone and we lay crumpled on the ground, being crushed by the weight, what then? After we’ve fallen to our knees, after we’ve cried for help, and you’re just laying there. We’re crying, “I can’t take this weight anymore! Make it go away!”

What then….what then?

You run while you can. You walk when you can’t run anymore. You crawl when there is no energy to stand. And when you can’t crawl, you finally see that all you can do is let go because truly, you should have in the beginning. How far did you think you could go on your own? Jesus whispered all along, “Let me take the weight. I’m here, I want to help. Trust me.”

You thought you could do it by yourself but you were wrong. You thought that you were strong enough but then you find that you aren’t. It’s just too much.

Don’t run. Don’t walk. Don’t crawl.

What then, Lord? If we aren’t to run or walk or crawl what are we to do!?

“Let me carry you. If you trust me, lay your life in my hands. Let go of control. You never really had it. You were trying to run all by yourself but you don’t have to. Let me carry you. Let me help with that burden. I know how hard it is! I felt how heavy it is. Let me take it. Let me help you up. I’ll take you across the finish line. Trust Me to run for you.”

People say all the time that you don’t ever give up. You just keep going. You don’t stop; you get back up when you stumble. But sometimes, we’re trying to get back up on our own, trying to hold the burden of grief or pain by ourselves. We say, “Okay, God, you saved me, now I’m going to do it by myself. Have a great day!” And try to run alone.

We can’t do it alone! You will fail. You are going to end up stumbling and falling and not being able to get back up again. It’s too hard for us by ourselves. So give Jesus control. It’s not too hard for Him!

Let go.

P.S. I pray God blesses each and every one of you and that I've said the right things.

2 comments:

  1. It looks to me like ALL the things you just said are right! It is good that you have a grasp on this at a young age. Just keep remembering it as you get older - you will find you need this more and more!

    Love,
    Aunt Chari

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup. You nailed it. So hard to do...

    ReplyDelete