Our Fireworks

Our Fireworks
I took this picture at a fireworks display a few years ago.

Sunday, December 18, 2011

My Coat

I need hat, gloves and a scarf because I don't have any so Dad is going to try to find me some. But he needed to know what they needed to match. So I sat down with a paper and wrote this description for him (being the nice daughter I am.)

I need hat gloves and scarf to match...um...my coat...which is...ah...sort of purple/maroon...maybe...? Or a dark greeny-blue...sort of... Why are they having the partically color blind person explain this?

I gave up and showed him the coat.

Now you all know how bad I am at explaining things!

On a different note, we were making truffles to bring to our church. So Melissa gave me the option to melt the chocolate chips or cream together cream cheese and powdered sugar. I picked the cream cheese, thinking, "How hard can it be?" I soon learned just how hard it could be. One thing, hard cream cheese is hard to whip. Who knew? Solution: microwave it. Problem with solution: medal beaters in cream cheese. Solution #2: use hair dryer!!! So I took out the hair dryer and started blowing it. Guess what! It worked!!! The beaters still complained, tried to die, and smelled like they were about to start smoking but it did work!!! So now you know: hair dryers are good for thawing cream cheese.

And the truffles taste great!!! (And are Gluton free!!!!)

Merry Christmas!

Mandy

3 comments:

  1. We know you're right there but it wouldn't be as fun to get all the answers from you. (Plus, hairdrying creamcheese is fun!)

    Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. How much hair dryer dust did you flavor your cream cheese with? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually, not too much, I think!!!! :o) !!!

    Mandy

    ReplyDelete