Our Fireworks

Our Fireworks
I took this picture at a fireworks display a few years ago.

Saturday, December 3, 2011

Safe - Safe With Jesus

I have this picture that comes to my mind when I feel lonely or scared and if I close my eyes, it feels real. And I can feel the happiness and the peace and the love. In my image I'm held by a man, just the way my dad used to hold me when I was little and he'd carry me in from the car. One arm is behind my legs, the other behind my back and I know who he is: He's Jesus and he loves me. And I'm crying but it is from relief. “He's here, I'm safe,” I think. I bury my face against him. And when I close my eyes and see that picture I can feel it. I can feel the warmth and the happiness and the love He radiates. And I can feel him. He's here. He's here. He's here. And I hear a few, softly whispered words. "I love you, Mandy," he says. "Mandy, I love you." And I know that when I open my eyes and I'm back in the real world again, He'll still be here, whispering, "I love you." And I know that I'm safe.

Do you have a picture like that?

Mandy

No comments:

Post a Comment