Our Fireworks

Our Fireworks
I took this picture at a fireworks display a few years ago.

Friday, July 20, 2012

Chicks and God's Plans

A couple weeks again one of our chickens showed back up with five cute little balls of fluff following her. The chicks are absolutely adorable! We fixed up the pen (as I explained in an earlier post, I think...) and put them in there. Well, even though we tried our very hardest to get it chick proff, I am convinced there is no such thing! They can fit through the chicken wire! Yes, that are that small! They are always getting out but, luckily, none have yet died. YAY! This morning I headed out to check on them and feed them and stuff. I feed the other chickens first (because they mobbed me) and then headed over to check on them. Two chicks and one chicken. I felt the panic start up as I imagined little dead babies. I went hesitantly towards the house part of their pen and peered in, asking myself why on earth I wasn't getting Jon to look instead. No chicks in there. So now I started wondering if something had stolen them and eaten them.

I don't remember just how I saw them, maybe it was movement out of the corner of my eye or something, but I did. about ten feel away, weaving through the foot-tall grass were the babies. They were enjoying the freedom and eating the bugs around them. Exasperated, I shooed them back towards the house, trying to grab them so I could put them back. They did not want to be grabbed! They wanted to go back through the holes they had escaped from. They did not fit through the holes anymore! If they would only hold still, I could complete my plan to get them back in and it wouldn't take more than a few moments! But, of course, that was too easy!

It made me think, "Is this how God sometimes feels? When we are all dashing around like chickens with our heads cut off trying to fix something and not taking long enough to just let God fix it?" I wondered how many things God could have fixed long before us that we hendered by our mad dashes and dives. God has perfect plans for us and he can complete them without us getting flustered. He has everything under control. So next time you need to complete something, need to find a way into someone's life or heart, take a few moments to pray and let God work. He is so much bigger and more capable than we are.

Mandy

No comments:

Post a Comment