Our Fireworks

Our Fireworks
I took this picture at a fireworks display a few years ago.

Friday, July 13, 2012

Hot!

My cousins are out again, this time their whole family. From the title, you might have thought of the weather. While, its a good thing you did! It is HOT! It is the season to go creek walking! But that isn't what this article is about.

My sisters, Missy and Rose, our two youngest cousins, Kate (5years old) and Nate (3 years old), and I were in the kitchen, preparing lunch for are roaming family who would soon arrive looking for lunch. I had found, quite to my pleasure, that the chips were Gluten Free. Our aunt had brought two types: spicy and not-as-spicy. Those of us in the kitchen had been (of course) eating the not-so-spicy ones. Nate came up and said, "I want this kind." He reached into the spicy bag and pulled one out, walking away with it. Within moments he arrived back, and said, "Hot! I need water!" He shoved the offensive chip back into the bag (don't weary, Missy took it back out and threw it away). We all found it very funny.

Missy decided it would be funny to see if he could tell the difference between the two. She placed a couple spicy ones in the not-as-spicy bag and set it up. Nate came up and took one and then started off. He took one bite and stopped short. "This is a spicy one! What is it doing in this bag?" he asked.

Don't you just love little kids? They are so cute and honest.

Another time Rose found Nate eating her 'hidden' chocolate. She brought him downstairs and sat him on the couch. She looked at him seriously and said, "Did you eat my chocolate?"

"Yes," he said, very calmly.

"Are you sorry?" she asked him.

"No," he replied.

Well, I did say they were honest, didn't I? I am dedicating this to all the mothers that read my blog. I bet you know how this goes! :)

Mandy

No comments:

Post a Comment