Our Fireworks

Our Fireworks
I took this picture at a fireworks display a few years ago.

Friday, April 22, 2011

Beans Are Cool

There I was pouring the beans into the crock-pot…ok, Rose was but this is my story and I can write what I want. So, let’s start over… There I was reclined in the chair controlling my Robot Rose who poured the beans into the crock pot. Now, to you people there is a problem. How did I get the beans to my mouth? At this point I could say no one knows but I shalln’t. Instead I shall come up with a even greater fib. So, of course, it was a special bean pulley system shipped all the way from the North Pole via Santa Claus or some other mythological person with a beard and a sleigh but then these stories would no longer be true. So, we’ll start again. Take three.

For starters, third time starters that is, I shall say beans are cool. I will even go so far as to say they are awesome, wonderful, stupendous! I’m talking about kidney beans, just so you know. You can eat them from the can and they are crunch, sweet and salty all at once! I could write a whole page on beans alone but that, despite my extensive beginning, is not what this story is about. It is about my, all right our family’s, forty five minutes of fame. This forty five minutes was the most expensive time I’d ever bought but what can you expect when you are buying time that gets you to be seen by the public. March is Essential Tremor Awareness Month and since my mother is one of the worst cases, she is a great target to be shot at. No, she was not shot with a gun. She was shot with a camera. So, stop assuming and listen closely. As I was saying, it was expensive. We spent three days spotlessly cleaning the house. Yes, I said THREE days.

I know, I’m skipping about. I should go in one complete line but I’m WAY to random for that. That is why I’m going back to Tuesday, the day before Wednesday, the big day.

Mom had a doctor appointment and told us before she left that if the reporter called to tell him to come tomorrow. He called all right. He came right up to the front door and knocked. We told him to come back tomorrow, in the nicest way possible. Half an hours drive and we tell him to come back tomorrow, poor guy. That was what led us to that day. He came, took TONS of pictures and taste tested some home made stuff. Now we will be in the paper. I know this isn’t the greatest thing to lead up to. That is pretty much what us kids thought. Three days work for a few pictures. The up side is I got a new saying: Chocolate, good. Pineapple, cool. Cat… moan heartbrokenly as you realize it left.

No comments:

Post a Comment