Our Fireworks

Our Fireworks
I took this picture at a fireworks display a few years ago.

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

God's Wonder

There is just a certain feeling you get. You don’t know what it is, it’s just there. It comes at the strangest times and you don’t know why but you don’t ever want it to go. It’s a sense of peace and wonder and freedom. You want to cry and laugh all at once. You feel like running, just running as far as you can.

I don’t know when others get it but I get it when the wind blows. Not too hard and not too soft and it feels like rain. The wind is cold but not too cold. Just enough that you can know what is wind and what is air. It makes me feel free, like I could conquer the world if God wanted me to.

I get calm, subdued when I watch the sun set. I don’t want to move or go anywhere, I just want to watch. I want to feel that same wind and just know so deep that no one in the world could ever change my mind even if they all came together. It’s like watching God paint and know that He’s painting for you.

I get it when I sit on the creek bank and watch the water go over the rocks, bubbling, gurgling. For no reason at all you just want to get in and feel the water flowing past because it’s like God’s power flowing by.

It comes when the sun comes up and reflects on the crisp, snow covered white trees and the snow reflects the sun’s brilliance and you feel so close to God that you want to shout and tell every one.

It’s a feeling so wonderful that it can’t be described a any amount of words but you know God gave it to you. You know He is so close and you don’t have to be scared. It’s a feeling so wonderful but if you aren’t saved by God’s grace then you will never know it.

Oh, if you could only feel it too. It’s like a small sliver of heaven’s peace comforted you as you watch God’s beautiful power.

Mandy.

1 comment:

  1. I get that feeling, too. You describe it beautifully.

    Mom

    ReplyDelete