Our Fireworks

Our Fireworks
I took this picture at a fireworks display a few years ago.

Thursday, April 21, 2011

God's Courage, Not Mine.

There are talents God gives you and there are ones He doesn’t. He gave me quite a few but He kept several for others, too. I have a problem with rambling too much. To know what to say isn’t one of my talents and I often say the wrong thing. I say too much or too little or stumble over my words so badly my listener can’t understand a word I’m saying. I have a lot to say but never say it right. Oh, how it can be frustrating.

So, instead of saying things, I write them. Sure, I still talk too much but I have another way of disposing of the things whirling inside my head. When I want to say something sentimental I can think of what to say up until the point I should say it. Then it leaves me, lost. So, when I want to do something special to someone I write them a note instead. That way I can erase all the things that come out wrong. I know for a fact that I will not be able to do this forever. There are times I need to be able to say something and say it right and I probably won’t be able to.

Don’t lose heart if you’re like me. God promises, in His Word, that when the most important thing is questioned, our salvation, and our enemies think they have us, He will give us the exact words to say.

I admit, I’m not very brave but I don’t need to be brave. God has enough courage for us all and when I need it most, He’ll give me just enough. For now not being brave just makes me so I’m not too sure of myself and more sure of Him. That’s all David needed, that’s all I need.

You don’t need to be brave, you need God.

Mandy

1 comment:

  1. You are so much like me, Sweetie. Writing it down works just fine.

    Mom

    ReplyDelete