Our Fireworks

Our Fireworks
I took this picture at a fireworks display a few years ago.

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Counting Dots

Just to show you how oblivious we are I’m going to tell you a true story.

We were in town with Mom and Dad to get groceries and were waiting in the car as she was in the store. Now everybody knows how boring sitting in the car is. Especially when they are taking ten billion hours doing some unknown thing. Jules and Peter were getting restless and climbing over the seats as Rose told them OVER and OVER to sit down. I, on the other hand, was doing something productive. Counting the dots on my seat. No, I’m not kidding. There is exactly 59,150 dots on my chair. No, I didn’t count all of them. I just counted the dots in a line, 350, to be precise and then I counted the lines on my chair, 169, just so you know. Times them up and BANG! You have 59,150 dots.

Well, Mom and Dad did come out, even though we thought they never would and to our disbelief they asked, “Did you see that lady fall?”

“What lady?” we asked. They must have thought us blind, “A elderly lady fell, right in front of our van!” We looked at each other in shock, “We didn’t see her. Are you sure?”
“We saw her from in the store. They called the hospital and they came and picked her up and everything! Right here!” So as you can see, we’re oblivious.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my word! I'm sorry for the older lady and her pain. But I can't help but laugh at the thought of you counting dots and Rose reprimanding the others and noone ever noticing the commotion.

    ReplyDelete