Our Fireworks

Our Fireworks
I took this picture at a fireworks display a few years ago.

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Camp

I had an awesome two weeks of camp but it was really hard emotionally. I spent the two weeks trying desperately to hold up two of my pen-pals as they told me about the worsening situation at home. Their dad was coming closer and closer to getting put in prison and one of them was trying to hold up the whole family on her own. All three of us love the Lord so much but I found myself seeing places where I had to step in and remind them of his hand, even when it wasn’t seen. I prayed long and hard both weeks for the right words and actions.

If not for the Lord I would never have made it. How could I hold up these two and take their problems by myself? The answer is so simple: I couldn’t.

My mom said something that caught my attention. Miracles could not happen if there wasn’t first a bad situation. I hope, and beg the Lord, each day that He might help these two dear friends and their situation. I ask for a miracle. But I also ask for strength because I can’t hold them up alone. I’ve tried and failed. I need Him more than anything or anyone else.

As much as I love camp it ended at just the right time. My emotional and physical strength was failing from these two weeks. And as much as I love these friends, I needed a bit of time to pray and ask for guidance. I will continue to talk to them through letters. In the same way I know these two weeks lifted them, it also pushed me down a bit.

I simply ask the Lord to hold them, for I can’t. And I ask him to hold me up because I don’t even have the strength to do that. I can't carry this load on my own.

Are you trying to hold yours?

1 comment:

  1. Wisely put--"I..ask the Lord to hold them, for I can't. And I ask him to hold me up because I don't even have the strength to do that."

    That's His job. Good for you for supporting your friends. But it is very important to realize that we can't hold up even ourselves, much less others, without his aid.

    Prayed for your friends' situation.

    ReplyDelete