Our Fireworks

Our Fireworks
I took this picture at a fireworks display a few years ago.

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Cruising At 0.5 MPH

My day started out just as it always does. I got up, dressed, eat and wrote. Completely normal. After that it was just normal as the rest of the days of this week, and several of last week. I went to paint with my mom and dad and Melissa well the other kids stayed here and did random things about the house.

Painting didn’t end the same, though and it ended short and with us sopping wet. It rained and near about ruined our hard work. That was the end of the painting venture.

We left about 1:00 but that was nothing new because it had been 1:00 every time we got in the car all week, our clock still being broken (sort of).

Afternoon was a bit less eventful. Actually, it was down right boring. We were all just waiting for the grass to dry so we could mow and get it over with.

So, there I was, mowing through the three feet of grass at the pace of a snail. Our lawn mower, despite how old and unreliable, can cut practically anything. When it is running, that is. At a low-ish part, about one and a half foot, I could go at two, which was close to half a mile per hour. I was cruising at the pace, compared to the original 0.2 miles per hour. I spent a spell at two and got myself to move the lever, despite what my little voices were yelling (you know, those voices of reason that aren’t always reasonable) ‘what are you doing? Three is too high!’. I was practically flying! A whole mile an hour! Before the end of the day I was going at four and was kind of comfortable. Note the ‘kind of’.

My thoughts during these hours were rather random. Okay, they stayed on one thing and by the end of mowing I was so bored of it I could have screamed. My mind did not get the memo, obviously, when it refused to move on. It remained stubbornly routed there.

By the end of the day, I was exhausted. At the beginning I’d been tired but now I was just plain worn out. But…there is always a ‘but’, right?...I was happy. Why? One, that subject I was stuck on was Mom’s, which is never a bad subject. Two, I had a ton to be happy about, I was going home, I had some ideas for book scenes, and the hope that tomorrow I might get a letter from one of my three pen pals. Last, but definitely not least and if I’d been smart I would have put this as reason number one but I didn’t, God loves me always!

So, even though my day wasn’t all that grand, at the end of the day, I got lots blessings. Thanks, but I’m too tired to count them all and I doubt you want to sit here for the next year.

Yours truly,

Mandy

No comments:

Post a Comment