Our Fireworks

Our Fireworks
I took this picture at a fireworks display a few years ago.

Monday, June 6, 2011

Painting

We went painting. Painting? You ask. Yes, painting.

I started out my day as I always do. Got up, ate breakfast, wrote my book, heard Mom get up and was told we were going with her to paint a house. I was once again left out of planning things. From there we went to Deadwood. Attempting to find the house we were to paint, we went up a very steep, narrow road. I commented, “I would hate to drive up this in winter,” winters being so bad here. At the top of this first road was a house with a lady sitting on her porch, just watching the scenery. We turned left, went up another road that was just as steep and found a total dead end. This was obviously the wrong road. Turning around was not an easy task but with my dad, an excellent driver with over one million miles with not even a small ticket (okay, one small ticket but that’s because he forgot to put money in at the library), we got out. We went back down and instead turned right when we reached the house at the top of the first road. After a few minutes going that way we reached another sign saying ‘dead end’ and it defiantly wasn’t anywhere around, so we turned back. As we passed the house and went back down the first road the lady was laughing hysterically. She obviously thought it quite funny. I saluted her as we passed, as I always do.

We did finally find the place. Did we stay? No. We got a paint chip and headed down to the hardware store. The first place did not have the right stuff, so we went to a second place. This place had it but they had to mix it, so we went back to Deadwood from Central City and got lunch. After lunch we went back to the store and picked up our paint. Then we finally got to the house. Dad did some scrapping and on to the painting!

We spent the day painting this house. Of course our van had to go dead too. So we called in emergency help! Our neighbor came and got us out of a rout.

Tomorrow we are going back to do more painting. Oh, fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment