Our Fireworks

Our Fireworks
I took this picture at a fireworks display a few years ago.

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Relatives

Relatives, we all have them. Some of us just have more. Like me. My mom’s side has a family reunion every two years and you won’t believe the amount of people that show up. I have something like fifty cousins and nearly as many aunts. Uncles, sure I have plenty of them too. I also have second cousins, third cousins and a few people that I’m not sure how they are related at all. They come to the reunion, so they are.

There are over a hundred people and not all of them come which is a good think since we only have one tiny community hall. Any more and we might start suffocating.

This all takes place around the beginning or middle of August, in Broken Bow, at the same time of the fair. (The same fair mentioned in my Aunt’s book, The Double Cousins and the Mystery of the Missing Watch.) It is usually scorching but do us kids mind? No. We all head down the road to the nearby park where we endure the heat as long as we can.

That’s only my mom’s one side. She had a quite a few on the other side as well but we don’t see them that often.

My dad’s side doesn’t have so many but we’re a lot closer. Most of us live right in or around Rapid. So, generally, we just gather whenever we feel like it.

I am very proud of my family and I must also say this: I got my writing talent from God but I also got it from them. They have written stories and books, newspapers and Calendars, Birthday cards in endless amounts. So, yes, this is for all of you. Even those who I don’t understand how they are related.

For God, and for my family.

P.S. No, I can't remember which ones. All I know is that it's confusing how they are connected!

No comments:

Post a Comment