Our Fireworks

Our Fireworks
I took this picture at a fireworks display a few years ago.

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Believing Not in Myself


I gave up believing in myself when I picked up a pad of paper and could draw nothing even though I was supposed to be an artist. I gave up believing in myself when I tried to write a character and it fell apart. I gave up believing in me at four as I realized I was a sinner and I could do nothing without God.

Someone might ask, “What kind of god tells a four year old that she is a sinner and can do nothing without him?”

If we were having this conversation for real I might smile (assuming I had the courage to say this at all) and reply, “A truthful one. Someone, that for once, will never lie. So many times a truthful answer at first is much less painful than for one to find out later. For them to find out they are going to spend eternity separated from their Lord and burning in a lake of fire. Wouldn’t you, too, have preferred the truth?”

God’s Wisdom
By Miranda E.

What have I to say today?
Not much at all.
I have quite a lot, in fact,
But what good, would do, my call?
Dare I say what I long to do?
Dare I even pray?
It’s such a silly fantasy and, yet, who knew,
What power, in dreamers, lay?
Patience, they say, patience,
I’ll try hard to learn,
For wisdom comes from patience,
And wisdom makes good passions burn.
Without God, and his wisdom, passions fall,
God gives wisdom in love,
Does He not then love the passions,
That are showed with wisdom from above?
I know not the answer,
Should I even care?
It’s in God’s nail pierced hands,
And they, my dream, are worthy to bear.

Mandy

No comments:

Post a Comment