Our Fireworks

Our Fireworks
I took this picture at a fireworks display a few years ago.

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Pooh, Keys and the Mail

And there we were again, walking to the post office, enjoying the day and discussing….Winnie the Pooh. I am, in point of fact, a self proclaimed Winnie the Pooh fan. If you are not, you have a huge problem. Pooh is adorable, simple, funny and just plain enjoyable. Compared to beans, Pooh is even more awesome. Are you now saying, who is this person who writes books at thirteen, can be completely serious in her faith, and loves Winnie the Pooh? Why are you looking at me? How should I know? I’m just what God felt like making on May 22.

Where was I? Oh yes. Pooh. Now we might have seemed like easy targets for muggers (had there been any in Nemo, which there aren’t) but we don’t go unarmed. What do we bring? M16s? No. Pistols? No. A giant ring full of keys? Yes! Yes? Yes. Melissa carries a big (and I mean big as in an old fashioned jail ring sort) ring of keys stuck in a plastic bag. Megan carries a very big stick (big as in tall, not fat.) I, on the other hand, bring a hat. A hat? Yes, a hat. A safari type hat that is more like a helmet (I like the defensive side). We bring all this in case of a wild dog or cat or just to get the mail.

So, we talk about numerous Winnie the Pooh shows that we remembered and mentioned the animation. We talked over new plans for my book. We took our time and came home. It was much more pleasant than the last time (when it was pouring rain). Since I had gotten three letters, I retired to write three replies.


2 comments:

  1. Ahh, Pooh - I like Pooh too, but I especially like Eeyore - "No matter". "Don't mind me, most don't". Yes, Eeyore is definitely my favorite Pooh character. Easygoing, underrated, happy with the simple things of life. :) - C

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I like Eeyore too but my favorite would have to be Rue or Piglet. I've always like the little guys. Still, Pooh himself is adorible.

    ReplyDelete