Our Fireworks

Our Fireworks
I took this picture at a fireworks display a few years ago.

Sunday, May 1, 2011

God's Gifts

Some people say dreams are just hopes. I say they’re wrong. Your dreams are who you are. My dream is to be a writer. God gave me this talent to use but without him it would not be worth using. I write to show people there is light beyond their darkness. I write to make hope. I write to inspire. I write because in doing so I feel close to my Savior.

Many people may say I’m too young but God gave me this talent now and who are we to say otherwise? Some might wonder if I have what it takes to get through the whole process, writing it, correcting it and probably getting refused by a few publishers. Here’s the truth, I don’t. But God does.

He gave me many things, many talents and many Bible verses to use but there is one gift I would take nothing to give back. He gave me Jesus who cared so much that He died. And that’s not all. He loved me enough to give me friends. Friends that care about me no matter how I act or what I do. He gave me a home to go to when my life is over. I don’t need a mansion but that‘s what He is preparing anyway.

And one day, I hope He’ll give me the one thing I want when I get to Heaven. A hug. I want to know I’m safe at last. That’s the one gift that I still want. Who wants a crown? Not me. Who wants acres of land? Not me. Who cares about being rich? No, not me. I just want a hug from Jesus.

If God has plans for me, then show me where to start. I don’t need the courage it’ll take because He has all I need. I don’t need tons of money, He’ll provide.

I’m not perfect. I know I’ll be scared but I also know He cares enough that He’ll give me comfort. If I’m in need, I’ll ask Him because he says, “Therefore take no thought saying, what shall we eat? Or, what shall we drink? Or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed? (For after all these things do the Gentiles seek: ) for your Heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.” - Matthew 6:31-32.

Have faith.

Mandy.

No comments:

Post a Comment