Our Fireworks

Our Fireworks
I took this picture at a fireworks display a few years ago.

Sunday, May 8, 2011

For My Mom

I know, you're all going,"Three none-laugh-out-loud type articles in a row?" But you'll simply have to deal with this one because it's Mother's Day and this is a very serious matter! Honest!

Mother's Day comes once every year, in case you have forgotten, and it is the day where we tell our moms how important they are, just in case you forgot the point. So here I am, writting this for my mom.

You taught me to smile, to laugh, to write. You taught me what is truely important and what just seems to be. You showed me God's love and discipline. You taught me to show love to those who need it and not to hold grudges long. You taught me and I can only hope that I learned to be just like you.

On any other day of the year this might make you cry but today you're just expecting it. This is the day were every mom is waiting for all this poetry, this tribute, this sudden show of love. After today we will go back to our jobs and lives but today we're saying, We love you.

It's not only because it's the thing to do. It's not just because there is a holiday and it would be wrong to dismiss it. This holiday was made for this purpose by people who knew how important you are.

So today, even though you are expecting it, I'm saying it from the bottom of my heart, I love you to the farthest star and back! And God does too.

Mandy

P.S. Today is your day off, people can deal with my bad grammer. (Right, mates?)

2 comments:

  1. Yep, you made me cry. I love you more and always will.

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tribute, Mandy! I think your mom is pretty special, too. Didn't notice any trouble with the grammar--when it's from the heart, grammar doesn't matter. =)

    ReplyDelete