Our Fireworks

Our Fireworks
I took this picture at a fireworks display a few years ago.

Sunday, May 22, 2011

My Birthday

Today is May 22 and May 22 is my Birthday. Do I feel lucky? Not really. I woke up at the same time as usual: between five and Six O’clock. I ate the same thing, Chex cereal. I’ll probably do the same thing as I do every Sunday but that’s not the point.

Today is the day I remember another birthday. I can’t remember the date or the reason. I know I was four years old. I can remember that we were down near Georgia, visiting some friends of Mom’s. I remember a tiny room, a small bed (although it’s rather fuzzy so I could be wrong.) But what I remember clearly is asking Mom to help me ask God to save me. I don’t remember the reason. I only remember the time because I was getting ready for bed. All I get is a few glimpses of a scene that I want to remember is full color. Yet, what came after made up for that.

I will never be remembered as one of those miraculous stories. I’m not going to be one of those people that can remember a huge change. I won’t be the one to show others it’s doable even at twenty or fifty. But I got something very few others got. I got a life with God from almost the first moment I can remember. I got to know He loved me more than anything through one of the few unbroken homes. I got to hear and understand my whole life. I got to have the privilege of always being able to call upon Jesus through everything and knowing He was always going to be there.

I got the privilege to be happy, loved, cared for, and, at four, I was given eternal life. And I will be remembered as God’s child when I get to the pearly gates.

I hope you will too.

Mandy

No comments:

Post a Comment