Our Fireworks

Our Fireworks
I took this picture at a fireworks display a few years ago.

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Popsicles

Popsicles are a necessity. They are lifesavers. No, not the candy, there is no such thing as a lifesaver flavored popsicle. What I mean is, they save our lives. We mow lawns, do gardening and play and we just plain need them. Okay, want them. We eat probably five a day, or more, depending on how many lawns we mow, how much gardening we do, and how many we decide to take to the creek when we go for our once a day swim.

Yet, we have still to learn the fine art of throwing away the plastic tubes they come in. Hopefully, this year we can get that drilled into our heads. Not that it will matter because we’ll still find some from three years ago.

Along with popsicles, iced tea takes a major roll in our summer life. We take our bottles of the stuff everywhere. We make five gallon, ten gallon containers of it and drink it all in two days between the seven of us. If you ever wonder what is in the back of the trailer attacked to our lawn mower that we go everywhere with you can bet there is popsicles and iced tea (and most likely our push mower, weed whacker and other lawn mowing instruments.)

I have often wondered what people think of me when I go by driving a lawnmower pulled trailer, wearing sunglasses, a pink shirt, a big hat, such as I often wear, and salute them as they pass. How should I know but I really don’t care. I like being different and eating popsicles!

No comments:

Post a Comment